What Reopening Means for The TME Team...
*Updated May 20, 2020*
**Current Re Opening Date is June 08, 2020**
*This date may change due to the guideline requirements of the CDC and our local DHEC*
As we cautiously look to the future, many have questions about when and how we can begin caring for our patients/clients again.
The TME Team has been actively engaging with federal and state agencies, as we consider reopening strategies, to provide consultation, information and feedback on our processes. We are a diverse profession and in some clinics those decisions are near; for others they may be further away.When our state allows us to reopen, whether or not we choose to return to work is a difficult personal and business decision that our owner will make.
There are many factors to consider when deciding to return to work, including how our community (and patient/client base) has been affected, our own vulnerability to the virus (along with those we live with), and the physical, mental and financial factors involved. Each of us will need to fully assess our own unique situation to decide what feels right for us.
Unfortunately, even with the most rigorous sanitation protocols, enhanced patient/client screening, and social distancing precautions, there is still risk of COVID-19 transmission involved. For this reason, we have to choose our restart date carefully, and must have a full understanding of new laws and ordinances at the local, state and national levels, and adjust our practices accordingly.
As we carefully plan for when we will begin seeing patients/clients again, here are some important considerations that our practice will implement to help manage the risk involved in the COVID-19 era.The TME Team is your partner throughout this process, and will continue to update you as we receive new information.
Important Considerations for The TME Team's Reopening:
1. Gain a full understanding of any new laws and ordinances at the local, state, and national levels and adjust our practices accordingly.
2. Institute thorough cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing protocols in our therapy rooms as well as any communal areas and of any objects patients/clients touch.
3. Adding new laundry policies for our clothes, linens, towels, and other washable objects.
4. Adding our own use of Personal Protection Equipment (including masks, gloves, and clothing).
5. Practice proper handwashing and hygiene protocols.
6. Adding new booking practices and make any changes to allow for sanitization procedures and recognizing social distancing recommendations that may limit the number of people in one space. Evaluate our cancellation policy and protocols if a patient/client shows signs of illness.
7. Implement an enhanced intake process and consider pre-appointment communications to demonstrate our commitment to the health of our patients/clients and ourselves.
8. Minimize contact during check-in and check out, and make use of virtual tools.
9. Post signage in waiting rooms and common areas to emphasize social distancing, handwashing, and any protective equipment we expect our patients/clients to use.
10. Limit our schedule to consist of current patients/clients only. No new patients until further notice.
We have been encouraged to use our best professional judgment about our ability to accept and care for patients/clients in a way that follows our state CDC and OSHA guidelines. We are continuing to work to get more concrete answers from healthcare experts, governments and clinical massage therapy licensing boards, and will be providing you with additional information for protecting both ourselves and our patients/clients as it becomes available.
As we cautiously plan for when we will begin seeing patients/clients again, know we are here for you. We have an abundance of resources to help guide and support you through this time and encourage you to reach out with any questions and/or concerns you may have regarding our reopening practices.
We will carefully observe South Carolina in the days/weeks ahead as we consider a reopening date. We will not reopen simply because we can - we will reopen when we feel it is safe and a healthy benefit for all.As we continue to monitor this virus and it's affects on our community - we encourage you to continue your home regime and of course as always...
The TME Team